Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Issue 4

Issue Four: DAYS GONE BY.

This issue is an interlude tale and serves as a breather from the main storyline. However, it provides relevant background material.

Page One

Standard three panel page.

Panel One: Establishing shot of Hong Kong.

Caption one: Hong Kong, 1935

Panel Two

We see a large group of men and women in formal attire attending a party.

Panel Three:

We see three men sitting at a table with a woman sitting between them.

The woman is named Maggie Malone. She is sitting between Chow So Phat and two of his henchman.

Chow: It is too late for you, woman. When I sell our little trinket to the Japanese, all the world will be sitting underneath the Setting sun.

Maggie: You’re betraying, your own country. Stand up to the Japs and fight like a man.

Chow: We have already lost. Now it is about position in the new world order.

Page two: Five panel page. Three across the top and then two wide panels.

Panel One: A man whispers in Chow’s ear.

Man: He is hear.

Panel two: Close up of Chow. He is smug.

Chow: It is my turn to watch him cower.

Panel Three: Close up of Maggie.

Maggie: Dr Impossible over hear!

Panel Four: We see the crowd part and Dr. Impossible is in a tux in the middle.

DOC: ALL I WANT IS THE GIRL. I’ll SPARE you and your men if you give up now.

Panel Five: We see everyone at the table and DOC I off to the side talking to them.

CHOW: You have no bargaining power, Impossible. I have the girl and the sphere.

Impossible: You have five seconds.

CHOW: I think I will make her my wife.

Maggie: Not happening, ever!

Page Three:

Your favorite. A ten panel page.

Panel One: Close up of DOC.

DOC: Five….

Panel TWO: close up of Chow. He pulls the Cosmic Sphere out from under the table.

CHOW: You forget, Doctor. I have the sphere. And the power to change reality.

Panel Three: Close up of Chow.

Chow: The power to make all of these people, ruthless Chinese agents.

Panel Four: Close up of Doc.

Doc I: Four……

Panel Five: Back to Chow.

Chow: I will do it Impossible! I will destroy you!

Panel Six: Back to the Doctor:

Doc: Three…..

Panel seven: Close up of Maggie.

Maggie: Come on, Doctor. Aren’t you gonna save me? Like you always do.

Panel eight: Back to Chow:

Chow: Quiet. I have had enough of this mouthy reporter. Remember, you forced my hand Impossible. I will do it! I will create one hundred super Chinese agents!!!

Panel Nine: Back toDoc I:

DOC I: Do it!

Panel 10: back to Chow:

Chow: It is done!

Page Four:

Four panel page.

First panel is a shot of the ballroom. All of the guests. Nothing has happened. This is a long panel that extends across the page.

Second panel. A close up of the group at the table. It is a reaction shot. Nothing happened. This is a long panel that extends across the page.

Third panel: Close up of Chow.

Chow: Wha??? Nothing happened. Where are my one-hundred super Chinese agents?

Fourth panel: A shot of Doc I. He is holding the real cosmic Sphere:

DOC I: There not coming, Chow. I have the real Sphere. The most powerful weapon in existence is not for your limited imagination.

Page Five.

Five panel page.

Panel One: Shot of Chow. He turns towards one of the men by his side.

Chow: No! This was given to me by trusted number one Yao Sing.

Panel Two. Closeup of Doc.

Doc: ‘Fraid not. Your trusted number one….

Panel three: We see the man taking off a mask.

Doc I: Is actually my number one. Kid Commando. Master of disguise.

Panel Four: Shot of Chow.

Chow: This cannot be. Where are my hundred super Chinese agents?

Panel Five: We see Maggie punch Chow:

Maggie: Right here, you big loser.

Page Six:

Three panel page.

Panel one:We see Maggie by the Doc’s side. His hand is on her shoulder. Kid Commando is standing near by.

Maggie: What took you long?

Doc I: You shouldn’t have been here in the first place.

Kid Commando: Hey doc, we best be gettin.’

Panel Two: Chow has regrouped. He has several of his associates with him. They are holding guns.

Chow: You may have the sphere. But I am still a big man.

Panel Three: The associates fire their weapons.

Page seven:

Three panel page.

Panel one: Doc I positions himself in front of Maggie and the Kid. The bullets deflect off his chest.

Panel Two: Doc I tells Maggie and the Kid to get a head start. He is starting to pick up a table.

Doc: Get to the rendezvous point. I’ll hold them off.

Panel Three: Doc I swings the table and hits Chow and some of the thugs.

DOC I: You’re done Chow. Your Japanese Masters won’t approve of your failure.

Page eight.

Panel one: The kid and Maggie are standing by a window. Doc I is running towards them.

KID: Boy, Doc. You’re starting to run really fast, now.

DOC: Yeah, all my powers seem to be getting stronger.

Maggie; Hey boys, those guys are starting to close in.

Panel Three: A front view of the three. Doc I’s hands are on each of their respective shoulders.

Doc I: Don’t worry. I’ve got us covered.

Panel Three: The camera is behind the three of them as Doc jumps out the window holding on to them.

Page Nine:

Full page of them leaping out the window and heading towards the ground.

KID: Boy Doc. One of these days you might even fly.

Page Ten:

Two panel page.

Panel one:

We see them get into a convertible>

KID: Why didn’t you just use the Sphere, Doc.

DOC: That object is too powerful for anyone, Kid. Even me.

Maggie: I’m just glad I’m no longer Chow’s prisoner. You saved me Doc.

Panel two:

They are driving away in the car. The KID is driving.

KID: Hey, what about me?

MAGGIE: I could have been killed while I was keeping your cover. And what took you so long to switch the sphere’s……

Doc I: Women, kid. There’s no pleasing them.

Page eleven:

Four panel page.

Establishing shot of Princeton Univeristy.

Caption One: Some months later.

Panel two: We see a shot of a university building.

Panel Three:

We see two men walk past a door.

Man 1. I’m telling you Albert, your theory is wrong…..

There is a sign on the door that reads: Professor Impossible.

Panel Four.

We see inside the classroom. DOC is at the podium finishing a lecture.

DOC I: That will be it for today. Be prepared to discuss Caesar’s conquest of Gaul next time.

Page 12:

Six panel page

Panel one: We see an assistant dean walk in the room with another man who is a government agent.

Dean: Doctor. This is Mr. Haber. He works for the state department. He wanted to talk to you.

Doctor: My pleasure. How are you Mr. Haber?

Panel two. Close up on Haber.

Haber: Not so well. Doctor. I, or rather your country requires your assistance.

Panel Three: Back to Doc I

Doc I: How so?

Panel Four. Back to Haber.

Haber: I became aware of recent exploits in Hong Kong from an associate in the military.

Panel Five: Back to the Doc

Doc: That’s supposed to be classified.

Panel Six: Back to Haber.

Haber: Oh, it is. I assure you. I have the highest of clearances. We have a prolem in North Africa. One that needs your attention.

Page 13.

Three panel page

Panel one:

We see the Doctor and Kid Commando riding in a prototype jeep. The Kid is driving.

Caption one: North Africa, 1936.

Doc I: I take it that you’re the military associate Haber was alluding to?

KID: Of course. This is a problem of a mystical, supernatural nature. And I only know one man who has a doctorate in History and Physics and has superpowers.

Panel two: The camera closes in on the Doctor and the Kid.

Doc I: Only one?

KID: Don’t kid me. I’m glad there’s only one superman, and the good old red, white and blue got him.

Panel three: They get out of the jeep.

Kid: We walk the rest of the way.

Doc I: So you really think we’re dealing with the spear of destiny.

Kid : That’s what my intel’ says.

Page 14:

Three panel page.

Panel one: They climb up a mountain trail.

Doc I: And just how did you get this Intel’?

Kid: You don’t want to know, Doc. There’s some things you shouldn’t be associated with.

Panel two: They sit behind some rocks.

KID: How’s Maggie doing?

Doc I: She’s not talking to me. The government wouldn’t let her publish her story about Chow Phat and the cosmic sphere. She blames me. And you.

KID: Well, that’s government censors for you. ( Pause) She’ll come around. She always does.

Panel Three:

We see a front view of them as they appear to be peering over rocks. The kid is eating an apple.

DOC I: Well there they are. Are you sure the spear’s here?

KID: Oh yeah, and we can’t afford to let them have it.

Page 15:

One page pinup. We see a shot of a desert valley with a plethora of Nazi vehicles and weapons.

KID: That’s a lot of firepower. They must be ready to move the spear.

DOC I: I see it. It’s in a crate in that transport vehicle.

KID: How can you see that?

Page 16:

Panel one: Doc looks up.

DOC I: We’re not alone. He’s coming.

Panel Two: Two German soldiers. Heidl and Schlitz appear.

Heidl: Look here, Schlitz. We have two Americaners.

Schlitz: Take them alive, Heidl. We must interrogate them before we kill them.

Panel Three: Back to the Kid and DOC.

KID: I’ll follow your lead, doc.

DOC: You do that.

Panel Four:

Impossible punches Schlitz in the gut.

Page 17

Four panel page:

Panel one: The punch has no effect.

Schiltz: Puny American. You are no match for….

Panel two: Schlitz disrobes in a blur and turns into Blitzkrieg.

Blitz: Blitzkrieg. !!!

Panel Three:

He punches both the Kid and the Doc.

Blitz: I am the Nazi super soldier.

Panel Four:

We see the Kid and the Doc fall towards the valley.

KID: You can fly, right?

DOC: It’s more of a leap actually. But we will be okay. There’s only about 200 Nazi’s down there.

KID: Oh, that’s not bad.

Page 18:

Four Panel page.

Panel one: They hit the ground.

DOC I: You ready?

KID: Oh. Yeah. I been achin to get me some Nazi.

Panel two: several nazi soldiers approach.

NAZI’S: Schnell, Schnell!!!

Panel Three: The Kid Strangles a Nazi:

KID: Take that, Kraut.

Panel Four: Impossible dispatches three Nazi’s

DOC I: Too easy.

Panel Four: A Nazi soldier takes aim at the Doc with a luger.

Nazi: You vill fall before the before the might of the Nazi empire.

Page 19:

Five panel page.

Panel one: We see bullets bounce off of Doc I.

Doc I: Guess not.

Panel Two: We see Blitzkrieg and several soldiers behind him.

Blitz: Va. You are overrated. Like all things American.

Panel Three: We see Doc and the KID.

DOC: I’ll handle the super-soldier. You take out the others.

KID: Hey, I don’t have superpowers.

DOC I: I’ll help out when I’m done.

Panel four: Close up of Blizkrieg.

Blitz: I vill grind your bones to dust.

Panel Five: closeup of Doc.

Doc I: Bring it.

Page 20.

Five panel page

Panel One: Blitzkrieg punches Impossible.

Blitz: Puny Americaner. Why don’t you cry for your mommy?

Panel Two: DOC has a black eye.

Doc I: This is the last time I’m getting hit today.

Panel Three:

Doc I speeds towards Blitzkrieg.

DOC I: You’re done, Nazi Vermin.

Panel Four: He whacks Blizkrieg

Blitz: oof!!!!

Panel five:

Blitzkrieg flies off, high in the sky.

Blitz: Ve will meet again, Americaner.

Page 21

Four panel page

Panel One: We see Doc I standing.

Doc I: Time to get the spear of Destiny.

Panel two: We see his vision reveal the location inside a crate.

Panel Three: Doc I uses superspeed to go to the crate. He flies by several Nazi’s.

Nazi: There he goes.

Panel Four: Doc I holds the Sphere of Destiny.

Doc I: Time to gather the KID and go.

From off camera we hear the KID say” I’m in trouble”…..

Page 22

Three panel page

Panel one. The kid is tied to some discarded machinery. A tank is taking aim at him.

Panel two: Impossible speeds towards tank

Panel three: Doc I whacks and crushes the Tank.

Page 23

Three panel page.

Panel one: Doc I is carrying the Kid as they speed away on foot. He also has the spear.

KID: I coulda got out of that.

Doc I: Yeah, in a coffin.

Panel Two. They hop in a jeep.

KID: Where now Doc? And what about the spear?

DOC I: I know someplace safe for it. Out of everyones hands.

Panel Three: Establishing shot of Washington DC.

Caption: Washington DC, days later.

Page 24

Four panel page

Panel one: We see Haber talking to the Doc and Kid in an office building. The Kid is eating again.

Haber: Well it’s a shame the spear was destroyed.

KID: Sure is, huh Doc.

Doc I: A tragedy.

Panel Two: All three continue to talk

Haber: Doctor, I’d like to make you an offer. There’s a war coming. We’re going to need good people like yourself, but even more important we’re going to need symbols. And you and the Kid are good together. You’ll inspire others.

Doc I: I’m not a government lackey.

KID: I am.

Panel Three: All three continue to talk.

Haber: You won’t be working for the government, Doc. You’ll be working for America.

KID: let’s do it, Doc.

Doc I: Alright. But I only answer to one man. And that’s FDR.

Haber .Done.

Panel Four: We see a shot of Doc I and Kid Commando in costume.

ROLL CREDITS.

5 Comments:

At 5:06 PM, Blogger DADICUS said...

Maggies reply to Chow "Not on your life pal"

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

John,

Good stuff, very Indy Jones influenced. I love that Maggy got to punch the guy out. Very classic Lois Lane reporter style.

I don't really understand Dr I. Is he like Supes, or Indy Jones. I think that when he says, "there's no pleasing them" about women, is pretty mysoginistic. But hey, if that's the direction for you guys, that's cool.

I would like to see you draw Hiong Kong. That'd be cool.

I think you tend to cut to last seconds of a scene for a panel, and we miss alot of the action. Like the fight with Blitzcreig. Watching Indy Jones fight and struggle and get knowced down, was some of the best stuff. Here you just jump to end and Dr. I wins. Don't sell us short. Show us some juicy bare-knuckle fighting.

I don't like this Kid Commando. Why does he ask for help and then say he didn't need it. Is he joking. I almost think it'd be better if he just said thanks, or if Doc I was telling him what a pickel he was in, and he was just quiet.

And when the Kid says he's a government lackey. Who says that? It'd be better if everyone loooked ta him and he said, "Oh. ..uh. . .yeah, me neither." But noone would sya they were a lackey. I mean, even if he's supposed to become a lackey and a villian in the future don't make it so obvious.

I'm realy liking it. Too bad you can't make the Kid Commando, a young version of the Swami, so it would flow into issue 5. Otherwise, this is kind if out of nowhere. I mean, Dr I isn't even in the current storyline. Just a suggestion.

-Victor

 
At 9:25 PM, Blogger DADICUS said...

Thank God you read it!!! I was really waiting to here from you on it so far all of your suggestions are terrific too! I agree with you on 98% of it and that helps with the adjustments and such! Gary is doing this all on his own I get very little input before he shows me what he's got , so this is really the wierdest way we've ever worked on S.M.C. but it works great (the less I add the better it gets!!!! LOL) But I'm sure he'll agree with what you have to say ass well!!

 
At 10:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

whats up vic,

i'm just returning your comment to me from the first post, i'm good, i was hoping to see you come out and play football 3 weeks ago, but all is good.


would like to see you sometime before you go back to cali.

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i would say "I'm a Lackey" but in a sarcastic comical tone, if Kid Commando dosn't have super powers, then why is he tied to a piece of machinery to get shot with a tank...wouldn't they just shoot him?

i get the comic factor, to see Doc I trash tanks and what not, but wouldn't it still be just as effective to just show him pinned down with gunfire and have doc I swoop in and trash afew nazi's and then have kid commando in his delusional way say, "I could have gotten myself out of that mess". all in all very easy to follow. nice.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home